Hello Valued Guests,
As everyone is well aware, the recent COVID-19 health crisis has altered our society in many ways. The quick and easy person-to-person transmission and alarming strength of the virus to exist on surfaces for days poses unique challenges for many businesses, and ours is no exception. However, we want to keep our doors open for those that are ready to enjoy Door County’s outdoors. As locals, we feel “our” outdoors is not only a safe way to enjoy family and friends, but it can also be a much needed mental boost from the preceding months. In order to accommodate you safely and reduce as much interaction and “touch points” as possible during your stay, we have enacted a few temporary changes to our daily operations. We hope that you can appreciate our changes, as they are for the safety of your family as well as ours. Because some of these changes will be reducing our typical service, we will be lowering our nightly rates by $10/night ($5/night for Bill’s Room) on days you would otherwise be receiving a room re-fresh. (For example, if you stay 2 nights, you will receive $10 off your bill. If you stay 3 nights, you will receive $20 off your bill, etc. We won’t be applying the discount to the night you check out, as we will be entering your room after departure to thoroughly disinfect and clean it for another guest.) We will implement this discount until we can resume our normal operations. You will see this discount applied to your final bill. Our normal operations will resume as soon as our local, state, and federal governments, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization, all indicate it is safe to do so.
In regards to cancellations, we understand if you decide to do so, particularly in this constantly changing environment. Per our current cancellation policy, you may cancel within 2 weeks (3 weeks for extended stays) of arrival and receive a full refund less a $20 cancellation fee. With less notice, if we cannot re-rent the room and refund your deposit less a $20 cancellation fee, we will offer a credit toward a future stay in the form of a gift certificate. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email or call.
Please follow us at lodgings_at_pioneer_lane on Instagram and check back to see new blog posts as to fun and safe ways to enjoy Door County this season.
- Check-in will be adjusted to 3:00pm
- We will no longer be refreshing rooms daily.
- Leave your trash bin and any recycling outside your door for removal by 11am.
- We kindly ask that you hang wet towels to reuse during your stay.
- If you are booked as an extended stay (5 nights or longer), you are welcome to request a room refresh at some point during your stay if you so choose. If you do not contact us, we will assume you are comfortable without service.
- Room balances will be settled to your card on file through our secure reservation system prior to your departure. We prefer no cash or check during these times, but please call ahead if this is your preferred method of payment so we don’t double charge you.
- We are removing all flatware, glasses and plates from the rooms and are replacing them with a limited supply of paper and plastic products.
- We are removing duvet covers and pillow shams and are replacing them with a cotton blanket and pillow cases (4 total pillows).
- Coffeemakers, tea, sugar, and creamer will be removed from the rooms. As coffee fanatics, this was a hard decision. However, we feel it is in our guests’ best interest. We will provide $1 off coupons to the Ephraim Coffee Lab (2 for each night of your stay) to offset this inconvenience.
- All icemakers will be turned off and ice removed.
- Our DVD collection won’t be accessible during your stay.
We’re also continuing our commitment to giving our guests the cleanest rooms. For peace of mind, we wanted to highlight some of our techniques:
- Our cleaning staff will be wearing facemasks while preparing rooms for your arrival
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected with EPA approved cleaners, this includes around the premises as well as when preparing rooms for your arrival.
- All cotton blankets will be laundered between guests
Each change was made with your health and safety in mind and we hope that our nightly discount shows how much we appreciate your business, as well as your understanding. As many around the globe can agree, we look forward to the day we can confidently resume normal operations. We take great pride in the level of service we have delivered our guests over the years, so if there is anything we can do to offset our temporary changes during your stay, please don’t hesitate to email, call or text. To give us the best chance to respond promptly, please contact us by 11:00am.
Finally, we hope this letter finds you and your family healthy and safe. We look forward to hosting you this season!
The Lodgings at Pioneer Lane