DISCLAIMER: This is a property owned by Alicia, the owner of The Lodgings at Pioneer Lane. However, it is NOT part of the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane and your experience, as well as the policies, are different. Grandpa’s Cottage gives guests an off the grid, rustic feel. It offers a beautiful backdrop, but varies from the Lodgings in a few key ways. The amenities and decor are that of a clean and inviting down-home cottage, not the upscale setting of the Lodgings. Cleaning services will not be provided daily. The Cottage is nestled in the woods of Sister Bay and a car is necessary to explore all that Door County has to offer.
Welcome to Grandpa’s Cottage! Built in 1955, this waterfront cottage will give you a quaint and authentic Door County stay! This 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom cottage will take you off the grid. Sip coffee, in cyber silence, on your screened in porch as you watch the sun rise and you might even catch a glimpse of a bald eagle or two. A fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, and gas grill will round out your stay.
Things to bring:
- We provide our guests with a fully equipped kitchen to include: full-sized refrigerator and oven with 4 burners, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster, pots and pans, dishes and utensils. Guests must provide their own cooking supplies such as salt/pepper, spices, oil, etc. Guests must also provide their own detergents for the dishwasher and washer/dryer. However, if a previous guests leaves items behind, we will leave them for future guests to use at their own digression.
- We have provided a gas grill for guests to use. We will do our best to keep an eye on it, but if the tank runs out, it will be the guest’s responsibility to fill it if they would like to use the grill.
- Grandpa’s cottage has linens and towels. We do not have beach towels and ask the bath towels are not used for the beach. Please put beach towels on your packing list!
- You will be off the grid, so along with your sunscreen, do not forget some bug repellant!
Details and Policies
- Grandpa’s Cottage accommodates guests on a weekly basis. We will prorate stays beyond a week.
- Weekly rates for summer 2019 are $1,500/week. We require a fully refundable deposit of $250 for incidentals.
- There are two bedrooms, both with a queen bed. There is also a small toddler-sized bed. Maximum occupancy is 4 adults or single families up to 5 total individuals.
- Access to the property won’t be allowed until payment is received, which must be paid in full 3 weeks before arrival. If making a reservation with an arrival less than 3 weeks away, payment must be sent promptly.
- We understand life happens and you might need to make a cancellation. Full refunds are provided if you cancel 3 weeks before arrival. If you need to cancel within your 3 week arrival window, we will do our best to re-rent the property and provide you a full or partial refund. (Depending on your length of stay and the length of stay we were able to fill yours with.)
- Grandpa’s Cottage was built in 1955 and operates on a septic system. We ensure that each party has an empty, or close to empty septic tank, but we do ask guests to be mindful with water usage during their stay.
- We do NOT provide TV or internet, and cell service is spotty for most carriers (even Verizon). We ask that you acknowledge these limitations at the time of booking, because we will not be making refunds for guests that decide to terminate their stay short.
- To make reservations email email@example.com and input “Grandpa’s Cottage Reservation” into your subject line. Provide your intended dates, party size, acknowledgement of no TV/internet/spotty cell service and contact information. We will email or call you within 48 hours.